The Carrot cake recipe is for all the beginners who feel baking a carrot cake is a tough job. As the name explains, the carrot is the main ingredient in a carrot cake. It is also known for its cream frosting. The cake tastes delicious and baking it is quite easy. It has no fixed origin. But it is said people of England and France made a cake using carrots as the main ingredient.
Healthy Carrot Cake Recipe
- 395 gm of Condensed milk
- 1\2 cup Buttermilk
- 1\4 cup Olive Oil
- 1tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp of Vinegar
- 2 cups of Wheat Flour
- 1tsp of Baking Powder
- 1\2 tsp of Baking Soda
- 1\4 tsp of Cinnamon Powder
- A pinch of Salt
- 1 cup grated Carrot
- 2tbsp chopped Almonds
- 10 -12 raisins
- In a bowl add condensed milk, buttermilk, olive oil, vanilla extracts, and vinegar. Mix them all with the help of a spatula.
- Now sieve the flour, soda, baking powder, cinnamon powder, and salt. Mix them in the cut and fold method till the batter becomes smooth enough.
- Now add grated carrot, almonds, and raisins. Mix it till it combines well with the flour mixture.
- Transfer this cake batter into a greased tin. Pat the tin twice so that no bubbles are formed and the batter sets evenly.
- Bake the cake for 25-30 min at 180 degree Celsius.
- Let the cake cool down at room temperature. Cut it into slices and serve.
Three Layered Carrot Cake With Walnut Icing
- 3 cups Grated Carrots
- 2.5 cups of Flour
- 2tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1tsp Salt
- 1tsp Baking powder
- 1\2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1\2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Oil ( any vegetable oil)
- 10-12 Raisins
- 1 cup Pineapples (crushed)
- Sieve flour, cinnamon powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix it and keep it aside.
- Mix all the wet ingredients that are sugar, both granulated and brown, eggs, and oil. Beat all the wet ingredients until they combine together.
- Now in small proportions, add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients till the batter becomes smooth and combines well.
- Now to the raisins add a teaspoon of flour. This will not let the raisins sink in the cake batter.
- Add raisins, crushed pineapples, and grated carrots and mix it properly with the cake batter.
- Divide the cake batter equally in three tins of equal size.
- Bake all three at 180 degree Celsius for 30 minutes.
Method to make the icing
- 1cup Butter
- 12 oz Cream cheese
- 1.5 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- In a bowl add butter, cream cheese, vanilla extracts. Beat it with a beater until stiff peaks form.
- Now add powdered sugar gradually and keep beating the mixture. Do not add all the sugar at once. Add 1\2 cup at a time.
Method Of Decorating The Cake
( with icing and crushed walnuts)
- Take one piece of the cake to add a quarter of the icing and spread it evenly on the top with the help of a spatula.
- Place the second piece of cake on the icing. Repeat the same process.
- Place the third piece of cake and cover the cake with the leftover icing. Fill up all the gaps so that the cake looks even from all sides.
- Top it up with crushed walnuts. And freeze it for 40 minutes for the icing to set properly.
The classy three-layered carrot cake is ready to be served.
Carrot cake tastes delicious. The secret ingredient to make a moist carrot cake is crushed pineapples. It not only makes the cake moist but adds acidity in the cake which helps it to add extra sweetness to the cake.