A bakery is a place which provides desserts like cake, cupcake, cookies, muffins, etc. Food items in a bakery usually need ingredients like all-purpose flour, sugar, cream, etc. Baking is done using dry heat probably with an oven. Because of rising foreign influence and changing eating habits of people, baked items have gained so much popularity. It also benefits economically by increasing female work participation. With more options available, people are demanding new food items. There are many health products launched by baking industries like oatmeal cookies.
Types Of Bakery
If someone wants to start a this business, they need to figure out which type of bakery will suit them. There are many things, like equipment, several staffs required, etc. which depends on the type someone chooses. There are two types of it:
- Wholesale bakery- If someone wants to engage with more number of clients with professional behavior, they should opt this method. In this, the baker has a tie-up with different restaurants, cafes and supply them. It provides for better income opportunity as the order will be taken regularly.
- Retail bakery- This bakery directly supplies to customers. In general, one staff is sufficient, but it depends on the expansion of the business. It encourages more personal interaction with the customers. It is less expensive and more customer-friendly.
Bakery Service Style
It defines how baker wants to interact with the customer. It defines how they want to provide their service. Some examples are:
- Bakery cafe- This is a retail style of it. This style is a sit-down cafe model. This includes a sitting area with a proper table and chair. It requires little extra cost for maintenance. Some b cafe also provides drinks and a food item to supplement their desserts.
- Home baker- If bakers want to invest less capital, this model is the best choice. All you need is proper equipment, appliances, and sufficient space.
- Counter service- In this style, it is optional to have a dining area. It up to the baker if she wants to include a separate sitting area. Depending on space, this can be ruled out.
My Idea To Start A Bakery
- As an entrepreneur, capital will be a big challenge for the baker. So, it would be beneficial to start a Home Bakery.
- When you start a bakery, you need many appliances and tools to make perfect desserts. So, think cautiously and invest.
- Instead of sticking to some particular item, be flexible in accepting the demands of customers, and provide them what they asked for.
- Be more customer-friendly to increase the mouth to mouth publicity.
- With mouth to mouth publicity, find an excellent social platform for digital marketing.
- Once the flow of income become huge, the home baker can be transformed into a proper shop or cafe.
- As publicity increases, add more items to the menu like drinks and snacks.
Starting a bakery is not so easy also. It requires a proper business plan. Ensure yourself to be organized. Keep the track on the business plan and follow it precisely. One can operate both as retail as well as a wholesale unit. It helps to increase the market and revenue.